Thursday, April 7, 2011

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.

Of numerous tracks on my playlist I think I would like to share with you 3 songs in 3 different languages that dominate my playlist. Polish, Japanese and English.

First, a song that I immediately fell in love with the first time I heard it and have loved with undying and untainted love since. The song is performed by Robert Gawliński of Wilki (who has an incredible gift of making songs that I can't help but like, just F.Y.I. :)). This song was written by Grzegorz Ciechowski for the TV series (or film) Wiedźmin - doesn't actually matter, both suck. The soundtrack and the cast are the only things that save this series form being an utter failure. How is it even possible to make such a pitiful series having Sapkowski's books to base on? I'm going off-topic, sorry about that. Enjoy the music.


Polish part was not so hard. Let's proceed to my favorite Japanese song (I'm saving the toughest choice - English song - for the end). My favorite Japanese band is called Orange Range and comes from Okinawa. The band was formed in 2001 and consists of 5 guys playing alternative rock. Their songs are often used as openings to anime and that's how I came across them. This particular song always makes me feel positive and the video makes me laugh :) Embedding this video is disabled, so here's link: >click<

And so we've arrived to the hardest part. My English favorite. Because of Supernatural such bands as AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult appeared on my playlist and took control over my mind, pushing Muse, Guano Apes, Paramore, Three Days Grace aside. But... I don't know how many of you have heard about a Swedish band called Sabaton. They are doing a great job giving tribute to those who gave up their lives in wars. They became famous in Poland after singing "40-1" and praising courage of Polish soldiers fighting in Wizna battle and those who died in the uprising in Warsaw in 1944 in song "Uprising".

This song may not be my absolute favorite but I think it's important to know that such songs exist.

3 comments:

  1. No 'One winged "Psycho" Angel', then? I have to say I was looking forward to it :)
    But Sabaton! They are great :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, sorry to disappoint you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must check out this Japanese band, you know that I love j-rock & j-metal :)

    ReplyDelete