Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let me invite you to Pyrkon...

Yeah, but what is Pyrkon?

In brief, it's an annual meeting of all fantasy fans, that takes place on the first weekend of spring in Poznań (this year it's 25-27 of March). The main aim of the event is to spread fantasy in all forms: literature, films, comics, games, etc and maybe get some blood, for on Saturday the 'bloodbus' will be waiting for all those who want to donate blood.

There's over 300 hours of lectures, meetings with writers and publishers, games tournaments, RPG and LAPR sessions and quizzes in about 20 different rooms, so no one should feel ignored. Personally, I look forward to meet Jakub Ćwiek and Maja Lidia Kossakowska - two of my favorite Polish fantasy writers :) and to learn some Japanese during a special lecture.

Last year over 3000 people participated in this event (the line was so long that it took me almost 3 hours to get tickets!) and this year the organizers are expecting even more people. Hopefully, this time lines will be shorter, for Pyrkon for the fist time is taking place in MTP, not in a school in the outskirts of Poznań.

For more information you should visit Pyrkon's official website HERE. I hope I will see you there :)

3 comments:

  1. Where does that strange name come from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it has something to do with 'pyra' and 'convention' (name of almost every convention ends with 'con': there's Polcon, Tricon, Eurocon, etc.). But that's just my guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pyrkon...
    I miss you so much ;(

    we must be better prepared next year :)

    ReplyDelete