Sunday, May 8, 2011

A characteristic of the normal child is he doesn't act that way very often.


Why do children want to grow up so fast? I think they simply do not see all the advantages of being a child. They don't like be treated like a child and want to become like the adults they admire. "Foolish tiny humans", as Eric Northman would say. I'd give everything to be a kid again. Of course I don't remember much of my early childhood but what I do remember is worth coming back to.

What kind of child was I? Naughty, I suppose. As an infant I used to sleep during the day and cry at night. Old habits die hard, I still prefer working at night and sleeping long. Plus, my Mom always says that when she put my brother on a blanket and gave him a slice of bread that would keep him occupied for a long time. With me the situation was quite the opposite - it was enough that she turned around and I was already gone. But at least I was cute :)
This picture was taken in May 1992 when I was ~2.5 y.o. at my cousin's parents-in-law's. Mr. B. is a photographer and we (me & my bro) needed pictures for something, hence the huuuuge ribbon in my hair and the pretty dress :)

My favorite playground was my Grandma's backyard. Me and my brother were allowed to do nearly anything there, so we even build a "ladder" once :) I don't know how old we were... In our early years of primary school I suppose. There was quite a lot of clay there, a pile of sand that we adapted as our sandbox, a foundation of an old and long knocked down barn, a shed full of straw, hens, ducks and most importantly CATS - the best place ever for me and my brother. And the best part was that my Granny used to live only 4 houses away from ours, so we could easily visit Her as often as we wanted, which is why we used to spend more time there than at home :D

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful place, and time. You get a special bonus for using the Saxon genitive of a very tricky noun correctly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you had a great ribbon in your hair...

    Don't you think that humans always desire things and moments they do not know and because of that they assume that being somebody else, somewhere else is more exciting..

    Carpe diem

    ReplyDelete